Friday 27 September 2013

UK Crafter of the Week #6

This weeks' UK Crafter of the Week feature is running late! My apologies to our fabulous subject as she should have been up on Monday but the week has kind of got away from me!

This week I'm veering away from the textiley focus of the past few weeks and spotlighting Lynn Adams Illustration. Personally, I am a huge fan of illustration as an art form, and stylistically I'd often rather look at it than fine art. 

Photo: a day late with this week's #twoodle - used the words elephant and pillow :)
To kick us off, and so you can see exactly what I mean, how cute is this guy? :-) I'm in love!

Lynn Adams has been painting for over 30 years, starting at the age of 16 and selling her first animal portrait for £20. However despite her obvious talent, she has never had art as her main job. As a twice widowed mother of seven she has been a press photographer, aid worker and primary school teacher over the years, and has recently had her illustrations published in Amelia and the Elf by Si Wall (which you can buy here, and it looks gorgeous), a job she got through the beauteous bounty of Facebook!

A couple of years ago she restarted art by studying a Foundation Degree in Art and Design at West Notts College, to give her something to do after her youngest child started school, and is now working on a couple of her own illustrated children's books which sound great; one about a confused sheep and one about a misunderstood dragon. 


Lynn's time as a teacher has helped to inspire her love of children's books and her dream job would be to illustrate books full time. I'd read them! She is also currently working on commissions for weddings, pets and pictures for children's rooms. Once my son outgrows his Winnie the Pooh phase I may very well be calling on Lynn for one of her fab illustrations for his bedroom! 

Check out Lynn's work on facebook and on her website, www.lynnadamsillustration.co.uk. 


If you're interested in being featured as a UK Crafter of the Week, which includes being listed in my directory, please contact me at caveofcraftedwonders(at)gmail(dot)com. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this Rebekah - greatly appreciated - and for anyone that would like to order any prints or commissions there is a 10% discount if they mention CAVE OF CRAFTED WONDERS!

    ReplyDelete